miércoles, 18 de enero de 2017

Aral

Portada / Cover Aral

Inside the belly of the sea

As you probably know, the Aral sea shared by Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan is almost extinguished due to human interference. It is one of the saddest natural catastrophes of the 20th century. Today, most of its former extension has become a desert and a ship graveyard.

My friend Sonia Bueno and I agreed to work separately on the themes revolving this extinction. Amargord published Sonia's book Aral with my illustrations in February 2016. I really enjoyed the working process which started in a workshop I did with Pablo Amargo in the summer of 2014.

Ship graveyard / Pecios en tierra
Deathly swim / Nado mortal

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

No queda nada para que salga de imprenta el tercer número de la Revista Menta con mis ilustraciones para un cuento de Marta Sanz. Como todo ...